Sunday, November 4, 2012

Twisted Chicken Noodle Soup for a Soul Warming #SundaySupper ...

?

?

I love soup. During the winter months, I could eat it every day. It can be so decadent, it can be healthy, but one thing it nearly always is is economical. I can feed my family for days on one big pot.

My hubby?wasn?t?such a fan when we first got married. I?d get all excited about a big ol pot of soup I made, and he?d eat it, but you could tell he was secretly dreaming about a more substantial meal. I worked on him slowly, and over the last six years, he?s become just as?enthusiastic?as I am now. Fortunately, our son has always been a soup lover, like his Mama. I have been able to get any veggie grown into his lil belly as long as its in soup.

I was wanting soup, and I was wanting meatballs, so I thought why not make a soup, a twist on a traditional chicken noodle, using chicken meatballs? I used soba noodles, but you could just as easily use some whole grain pasta broken into smaller segments. I thought the soba noodles added a lovely depth of flavor and would?recommend?them if you can get them.

I made the laziest meatballs I have ever made in my life. If you have a food processor ? I?d highly recommend it! I cut up about 12 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breasts into a few large chunks, then pulsed it to chop the meat up, adding all of the other?ingredients?right into the well on top of it and mixed it all together. It worked like a charm ? I?m not sure I?ll ever go back to hand mixing again!?If you don?t have a food processor, just use ground chicken, chop the onion and garlic and hand mix your meatballs.?

Another key to simple soups with only a few ingredients is to season your broth before adding the veggies, the noddles, whatever you are using. You want the broth to taste so good that you could drink it all by itself. Adding additional flavors and textures will only make it all the better after that achievement.

This recipe made a 5 quart dutch oven full of soup, a pot of soup that was gone in less than 48 hours. I actually just made an even bigger pot of it for this week, using beef meatballs and beef broth to change things up. Its such a winner!

Twisted Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients

  • 12 oz boneless skinless chicken breast or lean ground chicken
  • 1 c breadcrumbs
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 small onion, quartered
  • 4 c chicken broth
  • 4 c water
  • 3/4 c shredded carrots
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 3 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tbsp thyme
  • 1 tbsp dry mustard
  • 6 oz soba noodles, broken into 2-3 inch segments
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

  1. place chicken into a food processor and pulse to chop
  2. add breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, onion and salt and pepper and pulse to mix well
  3. roll into 1 inch balls and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
  4. bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, remove from oven and set aside
  5. in a dutch oven, add water and broth, along with thyme, garlic and onion powders and mustard
  6. heat and season with salt and pepper, then adjust seasonings to taste and add carrots
  7. bring broth to a boil and add noodles
  8. boil for about 5-7 minutes then add meatballs, simmering to rewarm
  9. serve

2.0

http://www.themeltaways.com/2012/11/04/twisted-chicken-noodle-soup-for-a-soul-warming-sundaysupper/

This week, the #SundaySupper family are sharing their favorite?recipes to warm you, all the way to your soul. Now that a chill is in the air, this theme, hosted by Susan from?The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen, was begging to be done.?Everything from stews, soups, main entrees and even some hot drinks and desserts. Just look at the list below that is coming to the #SundaySupper table this week!:

Main Entrees:?

Chili/Stews:

Soups:

Desserts/Beverages:

Join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. ?In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat. All you have to do is follow the?#SundaySupper?hashtag or you can follow us through?TweetChat. We?d also love to feature your Sunday Supper Soul Warming Recipes on our?#SundaySupper?Pinterest board?and share them with all of our followers, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Source: http://www.themeltaways.com/2012/11/04/twisted-chicken-noodle-soup-for-a-soul-warming-sundaysupper/

American flag Happy 4th of July 4th Of July Desserts fireworks fireworks 4th of July Andy Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment